Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

#Grabbed: A Man Grabbed My Breast in Broad Daylight

#Grabbed, a new Twitter hashtag, is collecting women's experiences of being groped without their consent. Rachel Jones shares her story as reported in The Telegraph

About six years ago a man grabbed my breast as I was walking down Oxford Street.
It was as matter of fact as that. No catcalling, no leering, jeering or any other warning about the forthcoming violation. A hand simply cut through the crowds and landed bang on my chest while I was out shopping.
A firm squeeze later and it was all over – three of the most bizarre seconds of my adult life.
I didn’t say anything because I was quite honestly stunned into motionless silence. By the time I had processed what had happened, the ‘grabber’ had long since disappeared into the throng of the UK’s busiest shopping street.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...