Pages

Sunday 25 January 2015

Chibok Girls: President Jonathan Opens Up, Says Insha Allah...

 Embedded image permalink
President Goodluck Jonathan has opened up on why the Chibok Girls are yet to be rescued.

The president spoke, yesterday, at the palace of the Shehu of Borno where he had gone to pay homage to the traditional ruler.

According to him…



“We feel the pain of Borno people. I personally feel more pained when people accuse me of of being involved in the problem for some political advantage. I have said it many times that my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian. And I don’t think any president or human being can do what they accuse me of doing,’’

“The Boko Haram problem is what I thought we would have ended long ago but may be external influence or interest is affecting us. I am assuring you however that it won’t take us more than a few months to end this insurgency and restore peace in Borno.

“Our people must return to their communities. Insha Allahu, we will get our Chibok girls back’’.

President said that after ending the Boko Haram insurgency, his administration would rebuild the affected areas.


Jonathan stated that, with the use of initiatives like Victim Support Fund, Presidential Initiative for North-East and Safe School Initiative as well as increased budgetary allocation, his administration will rebuild and redesign Borno State in such a way that children will have access to education and better future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...